Date(s) - 17/05/2018
18:00 - 20:00
Brussels Press Club Europe asbl
What future for European defence?
Citoyennes pour l’Europe & Dialogue for Europe
Thursday, May 17th, 6 pm- 8 pm
Press Club Brussels Europe
Rue Froissart 95, 1000 Brussels
On behalf of Citoyennes pour l’Europe (France) et de Dialogue for Europe (Belgium),
we are pleased to invite you to the Citizen’s Cafe Brussels.
Our guest of honour will be
Lt General Jean-Paul Perruche,
former Director General of the European Union Military Staff.
On 13 November 2017, 23 European countries signed an agreement to establish a permanent structure of cooperation in the area of defence and security. Following this pact, many voices are rising on the possibility of a European army.
- What is the impact of this pact on national military spending?
- What are its implications for relations with NATO?
- What about future defence cooperation with the United Kingdom?
- Will there be a European White Paper “Defence and Security”?
- What role for women in this new European defence conjecture?
A small reception will take place after the debate.
Please register by email:
Citoyennes pour l’Europe: email@example.com (+33 6 60 37 30 08)
Dialogue for Europe: firstname.lastname@example.org (+32 0472 485 987)