On the 31st of October, the European Think Tanks Group’s presented ‘Agenda for Europe in the World’. The agenda outlines what we think the new EU leadership should focus on when it comes to foreign and development policy. It spells out concrete proposals for action in key areas where the EU can make a difference – ranging from peace and security to mobility and migration, climate action, energy and urbanisation, trade and development, human development, strategic partnerships, democracy support, and financing for development.
The Panel debate included:
- Sandra Kramer, Director for EU-AU relations, West and East Africa, DG DEVCO
- Catherine Woollard, Director of the European Council On Refugees and Exiles
- Charles Goerens, Member of the European Parliament
- Marta Foresti, Director of ODI’s Human Mobility Initiative
- H.E Grum Abay, Ambassador of Ethiopia to the EU
Moderator: Geert Laporte, Director, European Think Tanks Group