MEDIA ADVISORY | December 11 Briefing with Assistant Secretary Robert Destro, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor, U.S. Department of State
Please join us on Wednesday, December 11, for a telephonic press briefing with Robert Destro, Assistant Secretary of State in the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor. Assistant Secretary Destro will discuss his ongoing travel to Europe from December 3-12 to the Slovak Republic, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Assistant Secretary Destro is meeting various government representatives, organizations such as the United Nations, and civil society groups to show U.S. support for human rights, the democratic principles of government, the U.S. effort to combat forced labor, and increased restrictions on civil society in many nations. He will take questions from participating journalists.
Date: Wednesday, December 11
Time: 10:00 (London) |11:00 (Brussels) |05:00 (Washington D.C.)
Ground rules: ON THE RECORD
Dial in Info: To be provided upon RSVP
Please RSVP by clicking: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/telephonic-press-briefing-with-robert-destro-tickets-85467602901
- Callers should dial in to the conference call at least 10 minutes early.
- The operator will ask for your name, press affiliation, and location.
- Assistant Secretary Destro will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the floor to questions.
- Participants will be instructed to push the “1” and “0” buttons on their phones to enter the question queue. You may also submit questions in advance via email to TheBrusselsHub@state.gov.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the call, you may email TheBrusselsHub@state.gov to alert the moderator to any issues.