MEDIA ADVISORY | January 15 Briefing with Air Force Lt. Gen. John “Jack” Shanahan, Director of Joint Artificial Intelligence Center, U.S. Department of Defense
Please join us on Wednesday, January 15, for a telephonic press briefing with Air Force Lt. Gen. John “Jack” Shanahan, Director of Joint Artificial Intelligence Center, U.S. Department of Defense. Lt. Gen. Shanahan will discuss how the Department of Defense is modernizing through the adoption of artificial intelligence. Lt. Gen Shanahan will also discuss the U.S. commitment to safe, responsible, and ethical applications of military artificial intelligence as outlined in the U.S. Department of Defense Artificial Intelligence Strategy. Lt. Gen. Shanahan will take questions from participating journalists.
Time: 13:00 (Brussels) | 07:00 (Washington, DC) | 12:00 (London)
Date: Wednesday, January 15
Ground rules: ON THE RECORD
Dial info: To be provided upon RSVP
- Participants should join the conference 10 minutes early.
- The operator will ask for your name, press affiliation, and location.
- Lt. Gen. Shanahan will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the floor to questions.
- Participants will be instructed to push the “1” and “0” buttons on their phones to enter the question queue. You may also submit questions in advance via email to TheBrusselsHub@state.gov.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the call, you may email TheBrusselsHub@state.gov to alert the moderator to any issues.