MEDIA ADVISORY | June 11 Briefing with Ambassador James Jeffrey, Special Representative for Syria Engagement and Special Engagement and Special Envoy to the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, U.S. Department of State
Please join us on Tuesday, June 11, 2019, for a telephonic press briefing with Ambassador James F. Jeffrey, the U.S. Secretary of State’s Special Representative for Syria Engagement and the Special Envoy to the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS. Following a brief introduction, Ambassador Jeffrey will take questions from participating journalists.
Date: Tuesday, June 11, 2019
Time: 19:00 Riyadh | 20:00 Dubai | 18:00 Cairo/Brussels | 16:00 GMT | 12:00 Washington
Languages: English and Arabic
Ground Rules: On the Record
Dial-in Info: To be provided upon RSVP
RSVP: Please RSVP by clicking: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/telephonic-press-briefing-on-syria-with-ambassador-james-jeffrey-tickets-63327746996
Ambassador James F. Jeffrey currently serves as the Secretary’s Special Representative for Syria Engagement and the Special Envoy to the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS. He is a senior American diplomat with experience in political, security, and energy issues in the Middle East, Turkey, Germany, and the Balkans.
He has held senior assignments in Washington, DC, and abroad, including as Deputy National Security Advisor (2007–2008); United States Ambassador to Iraq (2010–2012); United States Ambassador to Turkey (2008–2010); and United States Ambassador to Albania (2002–2004). In 2010 Jeffrey was appointed to the highest rank in the U.S. Foreign Service, Career Ambassador. From 1969 to 1976, Jeffrey was a U.S. Army infantry officer, with service in Germany and Vietnam.
His full bio can be found here.
- Callers should dial in to the conference call 10 minutes early.
- The operator will ask for your name, press affiliation, and location.
- Ambassador Jeffrey will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the floor to questions.
- Participants will be instructed to push the “*” and “1” buttons on their phones to enter the question queue. You may also submit questions in advance via email to TheBrusselsHub@state.gov.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the call, you may email TheBrusselsHub@state.govto alert the moderator to any issues.