Please join the U.S. Department of State’s Africa Regional Media Hub on Thursday, March 11, for a digital press briefing on U.S. efforts to combat terrorism in Africa, featuring John T. Godfrey, Acting Coordinator for Counterterrorism and Acting Special Envoy for the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, and Michael C. Gonzales, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of African Affairs. The speakers will address recent developments in U.S. counterterrorism efforts in Africa, including in the Great Lakes region and Mozambique. Following brief introductory remarks, the speakers will respond to questions from journalists.
Date: Thursday, March 11
Time: 15:00 (Johannesburg) | 8:00 (Washington, D.C.)
Ground rules: The briefing will be on the record.
Digital briefing info: To be provided upon RSVP RSVP: Please RSVP by clicking here.
More information about the programs and initiatives of the State Department’s Bureau of Counterterrorism, please visit: https://www.state.gov/bureau-of-counterterrorism-programs-and-initiatives/
- Participants should log in to join the conference 10 minutes early.
- Participants will be asked to type in their name, press affiliation, and location.
- The speakers will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the floor to questions.
- Participants will be instructed to type their questions or indicate to the moderator in the chat that they wish to ask a live question. You may also submit written questions in advance when you register on Eventbrite or send them via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the briefing, you may send an email to email@example.com to alert the moderator to any issues.