In order to comply with COVID-19 safety measures in place, a limited number of media representatives will be allowed on site to cover the event in person, in accordance with the physical space available, the capacity of press venues and current social distancing rules.
Some photo opportunities will be accessible only to restricted media pools, owing to the constraints imposed by the available space and the respect of social distancing.
Physical access to the Council media centre will only be granted upon meeting one of the 3 following conditions certified through a sworn statement (link):
- a negative PCR test, taken no more than 72 hours before the start of the meeting,
- a certificate by a medical doctor stating that the person has recovered from COVID-19,
- a proof of full vaccination more than 14 days before the day of the meeting.
With a view to respect the sanitary measures, a selection of Brussels-based media allowed to attend physically has been made, in consultation with API-IPA. The selection is based on principles of equal opportunity and wide coverage.
Press conferences will remain accessible remotely via video conference to all journalists with a valid European Council accreditation from June 2019.
The necessary instructions to connect will be shared via instant messaging (Signal).
A media programme will be communicated at the off the record briefing on Monday morning.
Videos and photos of the Summit will be available on:
- Council Newsroom (https://newsroom.consilium.europa.eu/),
- EC Audiovisual Service (https://audiovisual.ec.europa.eu/en/)
Council Live (https://video.consilium.europa.eu)
visit the meeting page