This high-level event will bring together leading businesses, policymakers and energy experts to discuss how to achieve an energy efficient and future-proof Europe.
Increasing the level of energy savings across the European Union is crucial to deliver the clean energy transition. It is even more urgent in the current context of rising energy prices and to phase out as quickly as possible the EU’s reliance on Russian fossil fuels.
In this context, the European Alliance to Save Energy (EU-ASE) is launching the “European Energy Efficiency Day”: a new forum to discuss the future of energy and how to decarbonise Europe’s economy through the lenses of energy efficiency, innovation, and long-term sustainability.
Through six thematic sessions, the event will bring together key policymakers, business players, as well as experts from the energy and environment community.
The first edition of #EEDayEU will take place on 13 October 2022 (online). Register now
Confirmed speakers include:
- Frans Timmermans Executive Vice President for the Green Deal, European Commission
- Simone Mori Head of Europe, Enel Group
- Laurence Tubiana CEO, European Climate Foundation
- Monique Goyens Director General, BEUC
- Oliver Kraft Executive Vice President, Sustainable Communities, Siemens
- Paula Pinho Director Just Transition, Consumers, Energy Efficiency &
- Innovation, DG Energy, European Commission
- David Ducarme Deputy Group CEO & Group COO, Knauf Insulation
- Emilio Tenuta Chief Sustainability Officer, Ecolab
- Maive Rute Deputy Director–General, DG GROW, European Commission
- Hayati Yarkadas President, Xylem Europe, Water Infrastructure & Global Services
- And more…
The full agenda is available at energyefficiencyday.eu
According to the International Energy Agency’s Net Zero by 2050 report, achieving climate neutrality by 2050 requires pushing the average rate of energy efficiency improvements in the period 2020-2030 to about three times the average of the last two decades. This can be done through massively scaling up energy-efficient solutions for buildings, vehicles, home appliances and industry. Energy-efficient solutions which are all available today.
Join us to draw the future of energy!
The European Alliance to Save Energy (EU-ASE) aims to advance the energy efficiency agenda in the European Union. EU-ASE members include some the world’s leading multinational companies, environmental campaigners and a cross-party group of Members of the European Parliament. EU-ASE business members have operations across the EU27, employ over 340.000 people in Europe and have an aggregated annual turnover of €115 billion.