MEDIA ADVISORY | June 5 Online Video Press Briefing with Ambassador Maureen Cormack, Senior Advisor for the Global Entrepreneurship Summit, Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs
Please join us at 10:00 a.m. CEST on June 5, 2019, for an online video press briefing with Ambassador Maureen Cormack, Senior Advisor for the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) for the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs. Ambassador Cormack will discuss the 2019 GES, held in The Hague, the Netherlands, June 3-5. Ambassador Cormack will also discuss U.S. government efforts to promote entrepreneurship worldwide.
Co-hosted by U.S. Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo and Netherlands Prime Minister Mark Rutte, the 2019 GES will bring together more than 2,000 outstanding entrepreneurs, business leaders, investors, supporters, and policymakers from around the world. The Summit will include high-level remarks by officials from U.S. government agencies on entrepreneurship, innovation and technology – the cornerstone of building economic growth globally:
- Michael R. Pompeo, Secretary of State
- Elaine L. Chao, Secretary of Transportation
- Manisha Singh, Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs
- David Bohigian, Acting President and CEO of the U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
- Bonnie Glick, Deputy Administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Michael Kratsios, Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy U.S. Chief Technology Officer, The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Marie Royce, Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Eric D. Hargan, Deputy Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Ivanka Trump, Advisor to the President
Ambassador Cormack will share previews and highlights of these officials’ participation in the program, and discuss how supporting entrepreneurship creates jobs, prosperity and stability in the United States and around the world.
Across three days at the Summit, more than 200 prominent private-sector speakers will join these officials to address the future of agriculture/food, connectivity, energy, health, and water. The 2019 GES links governments and the private sector, and convenes global participants to showcase projects, exchange ideas, and champion new opportunities for investment. Since the United States hosted the first GES in 2010, GES has brought together nearly 20,000 emerging leaders and created more than USD $1 billion in commitments to entrepreneurship.
Speaker: Ambassador Maureen Cormack, Senior Advisor for the Global Entrepreneurship Summit for the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs
Date: June 5, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m. CEST | 04:00 a.m. EDT
Ground rules: ON THE RECORD
RSVP: RSVP via by clicking https://www.eventbrite.com/e/liveatstate-with-ambassador-maureen-cormack-tickets-62743158476
- Participants should join the conference 10 minutes early.
- Questions may be left in advance on the event page in English. Please note that advance questions may not appear immediately in the question queue due to moderation settings. Advance questions can also be submitted via e-mail to TheBrusselsHub@state.gov.
- Participants can “up-vote” one another’s questions on the event page to indicate interest in seeing a specific question answered.
- If you experience technical difficulties, you may email TheBrusselsHub@state.gov for assistance.