MEDIA ADVISORY| September 12 Briefing with Ajit Pai, Federal Communications Commission Chairman and Robert Strayer, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Cyber and International Communications and Information Policy
Please join us on Thursday, September 12, 2019, for a telephonic press briefing with Ajit Pai, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission and Robert Strayer, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Cyber and International Communications and Information Policy. They will make brief remarks regarding 5G policy then take questions from participating journalists.
Date: September 12, 2019
Time: 08:30 EDT | 14:30 CEST | 12:30 GMT | 16:30 GST
Languages: English and Arabic. Arabic questions must be submitted in advance.
Ground Rules: On the Record
Dial-in Info: To be provided upon RSVP
RSVP: Please email LondonHub@state.gov if you wish to participate.
Ajit Pai is the Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission. He was designated Chairman by President Donald J. Trump in January 2017. He had previously served as Commissioner at the FCC, appointed by then-President Barack Obama and confirmed unanimously by the United States Senate in May 2012.
His full bio can be found here.
• Callers should dial in to the conference call 10 minutes early.
• The operator will ask for your name, press affiliation, and location.
• Chairman Pai and DAS Strayer will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the floor to questions.
• Participants will be instructed to push the “*” and “1” buttons on their phones to enter the question queue. You may also submit questions in advance via email to PAIMEStaff@state.gov.
• If you experience technical difficulties during the call, you may email PAIMEStaff@state.gov to alert the moderator to any issues.